Our Hockey Helping Heroes™ program assists First Responders and their families across Central Ohio in several profound ways:
Establishment and administration of the First Responder Face-Off Foundation Scholarship Program, with annual scholarships awarded to children of First Responders who become severely injured or disabled in the line of duty. Scholarship and tuition assistance for children and spouses of First Responders killed in the line of duty is provided through the Ohio Safety Officers College Memorial Fund.
Health, Wellness & Safety
Philanthropic and research efforts in the area of early detection of health and occupational disease (including Cancer); enhanced safety of First Responders that serve our communities.
– Resourceful advocacy, support & resources for First Responders diagnosed with workplace and other Cancers.
– Promotion of Hoods for Heroes through the Fire Fighter Cancer Foundation.
– Aid in obtaining life saving safety equipment in circumstances which department budgets are not readily available or allocated through our integrated fundraising platform.
– Fire service NFPA 1851 consultation & PPE care and maintenance training; exposure reduction and decontamination.
Providing direct, economic hardship grants to First Responders and their families in times of tragedy and unexpected loss.
– Fundraising assistance for specific affected personnel and/or their families.
Mobility & Accommodation
Assistance with mobility and accommodation of First Responders when faced with life altering injury or disability.
Hockey Helping Heroes™ currently operates in seven counties across Central Ohio, including; Franklin, Madison, Union, Delaware, Licking, Fairfield and Pickaway Counties.